- she used to cook all the time and now she does not, or doesn’t make that dish like I like, or like my mom
- he used to intentional about his neatness but now takes his shoes off and leaves them at the front door
- she only cleans the bathroom once a week when I expected that she would do it everyday
- he waits till the garbage is spilling over to take it out
- she used to exercise all the time and now stopped and gained 5 pounds
- etc etc etc
We have to keep in mind that although we are ‘one’, we are two different people with two different personalities and character traits. Sometimes your spouse is not going to act, respond, etc the exact way that you want them too. They may at times display some characteristics that you may not have noticed before marriage. But, all is not lost…You are also two people with God given intelligence and the ability to reason and communicate. Use those God-given skills to come to a better understanding of each other. Learn to accept the fact that you will have to compromise, and adjust.
I would also dare say that (and this is for singles) you need to have some candid conversations BEFORE you get married…(we’ll talk about that another time…)
Create your free online surveys with SurveyMonkey , the world’s leading questionnaire tool.
Oliver & Denise Marcelle are the founders of Denoli, LLC (speaking, facilitating, and mentoring/coaching).
They have been married for 22 years, have 3 children and 1 grandchild.
Through seminars, a podcast, videos, and social media posts, they offer a candid look into their own marriage, with the goal being to encourage couples and help them explore, grow and learn together.
Oliver and Denise can help you build the relationship of your dreams, both personally and professionally.
Book Denoli for your next event!
Leave a Reply